The Hermetic Order is a group of Brotherhood of Light members that is completely independent of the Church of Light Incorporated.
The Order is the outgrowth of a vote taken at a Church of Light Colorado conference held September 1998 in Grand Junction, Colorado. At that conference a meeting was arranged by Julie Wise the head of the conference. Julie Wise was a long-time member and a High degree member. The meeting was for Hermeticians’ (a Hermetician is one who has passed all the Exams for the 21 courses, there were those at the meeting who had more than 21 degrees passed.) the meeting was held and a vote was taken to form an independent group.
We are committed to being a continuation of the original path of the Brotherhood of Light before it was forced by circumstances, laws passed in the city of Los angles preventing the teaching of Astrology, in 1932 to establish The Church of Light in order to protect its freedom to pass on its teachings publicly. We are a spiritual and philosophic order committed to the Brotherhood of Light principles of cooperation to further the mission of teaching and disseminating the Religion of the Stars, the Secret Doctrine of the Ancient Masons or Magi, as set forth by Elbert Benjamine in the 21 Brotherhood of Light courses.
We welcome all seekers interested in study, discussion and the free exchange of ideas. We seek to create a community of like-minded individuals who support the principles outlined in the Brotherhood of Light courses. Our main focus is to create small communities running on the ideas of consensus and not hierarchy. Those with talent and ability will teach and help others with like abilities to improve their skills, to teach others. We are family oriented in that the principles of marriage and raising children are the primary function of society in Contributing to Universal Welfare.
We are interested in providing participation opportunities in carrying on the research tradition begun by Elbert Benjamine through the Brotherhood of Light’s Astrological Research Department, the ESP Research Department and Control of Life Research Department.
The Light of Egypt website embodies the mission content of the Hermetic Order of the Brotherhood of Light and will serve as a means through which classes, seminars and exams will be offered. The name of this website, “Light of Egypt” is a reference to the Brotherhood of Light’s ancient origin, as a secret fraternal society, in Old Kingdom Egypt. It is also a reference to the title of two book volumes written by one of the Brotherhood of Light’s adepts, Thomas H. Burgoyne.
- To freely offer, to all Seekers of the Light, help and guidance in living a constructive life.
- To build a community for all members providing both an opportunity for a complete and free exchange of ideas and a social network of friendship and support.
- To make the 21 Brotherhood of Light courses freely available to all.
- To assist in the study of the Brotherhood of Light courses, and to offer encouragement and support in this spiritual understanding, in which we live.
- The idea regarding the truth of the B of L courses is open to discussion on all levels. The author, Elbert Benjamine (a.k.a., C. C. Zain), of these courses did not want them to be the truth of the author, but the truth of the Universal Laws of the world, both material and non-material.
- In a letter Elbert Benjamine states that he did not want to have the writings changed, as he believed that the basic work was as good as possible for its time. These 21 courses were written between 1918 and 1951 – when the author, passed to the inner plane. If new facts are presented, as new ideas of science are, they can be tested and proven to the best of our ability. These new concepts and information can be added to the lessons under the name of the writer of those ideas.
- The Hermetic Order of the Brotherhood of Light welcomes and encourages such discussion from students. Some updates to the 21 courses, by our members, are available now in the student copies (pdf’s) of the courses and new updates will continue to be published after passing careful review.